Monday, April 27, 2015

Fried Egg and Sweet Potato Hash



Do you have a meal you just love to make and eat over and over again for days on end because you love it so much, but then one day you make something different and you forget about that meal you were crazy about for months?

And then one day, right out of the blue, you remember that meal.

And you have to have it.

NOW.

This is that meal for me.

Healthy, delicious, and easy to make.  It's my go-to meal when I make the kids peanut butter sandwiches for lunch and I want some "mom" food.

Well, it WAS my go-to meal.

Until I forgot about it.  And just left it behind like it meant nothing to me.  For months on end.

It's okay, delicious fried egg and sweet potato hash, I'm here to rekindle our fire.

Here's how I make this yummy meal.

Ingredients:
1 Egg
Sweet potato ( I use about half a potato for myself, but whatever your preference)
Oil
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
Cilantro
Frank's Red Hot Sauce

1.  Grate your sweet potato.
2.  Fry it up in a bit of oil.  Sprinkle some garlic powder, salt, and pepper on it.  Cook until it starts to brown, but watch carefully.  This stuff turns on you very quickly and before you know it, you'll have burnt sweet potato.  yuck.
3.  Near the end of it's cooking time, push it to the side of your big frying pan and crack your eggs in it.  I like to make my eggs over easy so the yolk is still runny.   I think it makes the dish taste better. ;)


4.  Once it's done cooking, put your potatoes on the plate, mix in some chopped cilantro, and put the egg on top.
5.  Drizzle some Frank's Red Hot sauce over your egg and potato.
6. EAT! :)

By the way, Can I just take this moment to say, whoever created Frank's Red Hot Sauce is my hero? I mean, I am guessing it was someone named Frank....but that stuff is amazing!

Well, I know what I'm having for lunch today!

Peace & Love. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...