Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Online Homeschooling Resources

Winter has felt extra long and extra cold this year.  being Canadian, you'd think I'd be used to this by now, but nope, I still whine and gripe about it.  This year could feel extra long due to the fact I have not been able to take my kids outside much.  My middle child struggles with some sensory issues, and wearing a snowsuit basically consists of flailing of the arms and legs and screaming at decibels that shouldn't even exist.  And that's just me. ;)  Needless to say, we've spent most of winter indoors.

Having three very active children whom I homeschool makes for some long days when you can't get outside. Here are a few online resources I use for homeschooling to help us all stay sane for our long, Canadian winters.

1.  Starfall


This free site has allowed me to sneakily trick my children into learning when they just think they are getting some video game time in.  This is particularly helpful when I am doing book work with one child, and need the other older child to stop running around in circles or using the couch as a trampoline.  

2.  GoNoodle


I just started using this site.  It was recommended to me by a friend who works in the school system.  My kids love it!  It allows them to jump around and burn some of that pent up energy. It has a lot of goofy stuff on it which kids find so much fun! There is a little bit of everything on GoNoodle.

3.Cosmic Kids Yoga


I've only been using this one for a few weeks as well.   Cosmic Kids is a channel on youtube. My daughter and my toddler love it as well.  It is nice because it gets them active, without having them be too wild.  Each episode contains a story, and the kids do different yoga moves all through the story.

4.  Sheppard's Software



I haven't used this one too much yet, mostly because I keep forgetting about it.  But I was using it to help my daughter learn the provinces and capital cities.  I haven't explored too many other of the activities on here.

As you can see, there is a common theme here.  All the programs I use are free.  'Cause, that's how we roll here.:)

Peace & Love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...